Sure, it looks like a bowl of cashews. A bowl of cashews with a bit of annoying greenery poked in it. But really all I can say about these is that they’re really, really good. Good enough to stand on their own rather than play second fiddle to a foamy beverage. Yet simply enough to require no more skill than the ability to turn on your oven.
You can use any variety of nuts besides cashews, in fact a mix of nuts would be even better. Don’t use dried rosemary here (blech!).
- About 2 or 2.5 cups unsalted cashews or mixed nuts (no peanuts)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- few grinds of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350. Roast the nuts on a sheet pan until warmed through (5 minutes), or if they’re unroasted, until they begin to slightly brown (10 minutes). Be careful, they burn easily.
- While waiting for the nuts to heat up, melt the butter in the microwave. Add the rosemary, brown sugar, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Put the nuts in a mixing bowl and add the butter mixture. Stir to combine. Serve warm in a pretty bowl with a nice IPA.
Recipe adapted from Nigella via
- motleyfood posted this